04 April 2008

Megan & Rob - Life Partners, Always & Forever

Wedding Guests Signature Mat Photo

Borrowing a popular phrase from the US election campaign trail, "I misspoke". I wrote in an earlier post that it has been ages since I attended a church wedding when in fact I have never been to one. I was on church grounds twice before but had arrived for the reception after the ceremony was over at both events.

It was therefore all the more special that my first experience was at the wedding of a family member, one of our favorite people. Megan is David's niece whom we don't get to see often but from the handful of occasions we were able to get together, she comes across as a charming, lovable and promising young adult. Down-to-earth decision maker with a willingness to work hard best describes her.

Her parents, Karen and Jay (who is David's oldest brother) were visibly stress-free when we arrived at their doorstep on the eve of the wedding. Karen did not have a wine glass in hand and Jay had the calm demeanor of someone who just had a long relaxing vacation, most of which Jay attributes to Megan's ability to make decisions.

Held in the afternoon of a perfect weather Saturday (22nd March 2008), the wedding was an intimate gathering of family and close friends, complete with all the traditional elements carried out in a delightful and memorable manner. Rob and Megan exchanged their vows in a celebrated yet jovial fashion and I particularly enjoyed watching them dance down the aisle at the end of the ceremony. I'd set my camera to video-tape them but it didn't work. All it captured was a single still frame. My photography skills were truly challenged that day as most of the photos turned out either dark or blurry. Fortunately, David took over at some point and we have these plus some in an album to share.

Dancing down the aisle.

Happy Couple with Megan's family.
L-R: mom (Karen), brother (Damian), sister (Alicia) and dad (Jay)


The reception that followed the church union was similar in cozy setting and warm ambience. The Megan & Rob wedding story continued with a delicious spread, happy - meaningful - funny and joyfully teary toasts, romantic first dance, a beautiful father/daughter number and more, all proceedings filled with heaps of laughter. I witnessed the Garter Toss for the first time and someone mentioned that the American version is tame compared to the French 14th Century tradition. I am so embarking on a mission to get on the invitation list of a French wedding. LOL!

As Megan and Rob bask in wedded bliss and begin a wonderful life living together as husband and wife, I would like to wish them continued success in their love for each other and everyday happiness that last always & forever ....

25 comments:

Jay said...

Rita, your description of Rob and Megan's very special day is beautiful! Thanks for taking the time to capture your thoughts and wonderfully clear observations.
I will get more of the pictures, I have, posted to the web today or tomorrow.
Jay

Ms eNVy said...

Beautiful pictures and words Rita .. Thanks for sharing them with us :) I am hoping to attend a wedding soon in California in the summer .. my girls will be the flower girls :) Now I'm trying really hard to find something appropriate to wear to a wedding .. I have 4 months to find and fit nicely into a dress .. hehehe .. Have a great weekend dear! *hugs*

Fruit Species said...

Nice wedding and may them be together forever. It's so beautiful
Fruity

mº¿ºsh, brecht & nora said...

very beautifully put Rita, such a lovely entry about their wedding. U should be a field reporter! Thx for sharing those gorgeous pictures of the blessed event too ; ) I love your light orange top! Hugs for a gorgeous weekend!

Nightwing said...

Thanks for sharing the lovely moment of the newly weds...Congrats to u and ur hubby's family....:)

Big Boys Oven said...

ain't it great to be at a wedding? it is so heavenly!

I Cook4Fun said...

Rita, what a lovely couple and the I really ejoyed looking at the pictures. You look really beautiful too and soon you won't need the walking stick anymore :) :)

I Cook4Fun said...

By the way, best wishes to your niece and her husband.

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

woww, beautiful couple blessed with a wonderful wedding reception. what more could one ask.

congrats Megan and Rob. may both of you will have a blissful life together forever.

Rita Ho said...

Hi Jay ... Congrats, again. David and I lovely time. Great pictures there!

Rita Ho said...

Hey Norma ... I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. Your girls will add a classy touch to the CA wedding, for sure. What is the theme? At least, you don't have any limitations to dressing. I had to wear padded flat shoes and walk with cane. What little elegance out the door!

Rita Ho said...

Thank you, Fruity. :)

Rita Ho said...

Many thanks for your kind thoughts, Mush. My orange top is by Malaysian designer, Monica Quen. Most of her pieces have a cultural tone, which I like to wear to formal dos. She has some cool casual wear too, stuff that camouflage spillovers very well. LOL!

Rita Ho said...

Nightwing ... when is yours? I heard it will be within the year and a grand affair with you serenading your wife. Can't wait to read about it. :)

Rita Ho said...

Yes, heavenly is a great description for weddings. The excitement and love in the air envelops everyone present into reflections of their own marriages. David and I were holding hands throughout Megan & Rob's ceremony, feeling happy and blessed with our own relationship. :)

Rita Ho said...

Hi Gert ... Your prediction has come true. Thank you! I no longer use the walking cane, am limping a bit but it should go away. :)

Did you see me in the video? That was at the end of the ceremony. My foot was really talking to me by then!!

Rita Ho said...

Thank you, Kerp. I think Megan and Rob are on their honeymoon and/or busy setting up house now. I hope they'll find some time to read yours and everyone's messages.

I look forward to reading about yours and Pinky's special day. If I am in town, will sure attend. :)

SoCalCris said...

Hi Rita,..Thank you so much for the pictures and wonderful report on Megan and Rob's special day. As usual, your words and pictures (also Jay's pictures) made us feel we were there for this family occasion Steve and I could not attend. Megan certainly looked like a beautiful happy bride!

You looked beautiful too, and I was also admiring your pretty blouse.

Oh, and glad to hear you have nursed your serious injury into a slight, temporary limp!

Thanks again Rita....I'm no longer a "silent reader"! I check in on your blog regularly to get the latest, and your friend's blogs too!

Love, Chris

Zue Murphy said...

Rita, such a lovely wedding. Thank you for sharing it with us. You look great too. I am glad you can walk now.
Take care!

Rita Ho said...

Hey Chris ... We missed you at the wedding, too. Oak and Cheryl were asking about you and happily recollecting the times you guys got together. It was quite the family reunion,

I am so glad you deciding to 'break your silence' in blogsphere, Chris. The bloggers I interact with are a great bunch and fun folks. I hope you enjoy 'hanging out' with us. Also, how about creating your own blog? With your craft talents, green fingers and cooking skills, it will be of interest to many. :)

Talk to you soon.

Love,
Rita

Rita Ho said...

Thank you, Zue and you take care too. Don't spend too much time under the sun in the kebun sayor, ya? I will pop by regularly to follow your veggie growth and crop. :)

Daphne Ling said...

Hi Aunty Rita,

You know, I am very fascinated by Megan's dress...It's like...Greek-ish!

But it looks like a lovely wedding, with a very lovely couple...I wish them all the best for their future...

PS: How come no pic of you in some off-shoulder dress with lovely cleavage? ;)

Rita Ho said...

Daph ... Greek-ish is a good description of Megan's gown. I was also fascinated when I saw the back of it.

As for my off-shoulder piece with cleavage, how-lah to match with cane and flat boots? Haha! I am keeping it for your wedding. Seriously!

Daphne Ling said...

Eh Aunty Rita,

Looks like you won't be wearing that "off-shoulder piece with cleavage" for a long, long time...Probably never...=(

Rita Ho said...

I beg to differ, Daph. Unless it is your choice then heartbreak for many young men out there!