24 January 2009

Moooooo ....

The 2nd of twelve animals in the Chinese Zodiac has arrived to govern a new lunar cycle, so here I am ...


If ever there is a year in which the world at large and the US in particular desperately needs a symbolic boost of prosperity and fortune, 2009 is it. Indications abound where we live - homes being sold, established businesses closing, increasing unemployment rate, ridiculous retail discounts attracting few buyers and in many stores, staff outnumbering shoppers most of the time. This week's anticipated Microsoft lay-off just confirms that the hard times will continue for a while.

Let's hope the ox is not just good-eating (David's description!) but plows hard in its own year to cultivate some much needed crop for everyone.

GONG XI FA CAI!


Many, many thanks to those who continue to frequent my blog for updates which have been grossly lacking. I do apologize, have been disgustingly lazy in between writing notes along another direction. Will try to improve! Meanwhile, I update my status on facebook (ritashho@gmail.com) daily, so if you like the network, we can lepak (shoot the breeze) there. :)

20 comments:

Daphne Ling said...

Happy Moo-Moo Year to you too, Aunty Rita!

May this year be everything you hope for. That's what I wish for you and Uncle David =)

*Hugs*

Rita Ho said...

Thank you very much, Daph! We wish the very best for you as well.

Is this your first CNY away from home? I just called your Trent number and left a voice message. Are you at your aunt's place? My timing sucks, huh? :)

Zue Murphy said...

Rita, Gong xi fa chai! May this year bring you health and wealth.

Akmal said...

Happy New Year :D
Heh, let's see what the ox have for us this year. But I am pretty positive with what's coming. Don't ask why, just gut feelings :)

Pi Bani said...

Gong Xi! Gong Xi!

And MOOOOO to you too.

-The Rabbit-
(tapi tak tau nak buat bunyi rabbit macam mana...)

Pak Idrus said...

Hi Rita, welcome back to cybersphere and Gong Xi Fa Chai and do have a great time. Well normally the Ox work hard indeed but it still depend with us to guide it, so let move forward and I believe we would continue to prosper in this year of the Ox. Say hello to David.

Have a nice day.

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

wishing you a prosperous year ahead, my sweet aunty Rita. Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Salt N Turmeric said...

Rita, Gong Xi Fa Chai! Where are you going for makan besar tonight? Are you making anything special for tonight and/or tomorrow?

I heard abt the microsoft fr my friends last mth. Not looking too good huh? sigh..

p.s. Guess who is an Ox?

Mat Salo said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai, Rita...

As an Ox, I feel it is my duty to usher everyone with much health and wealth this coming new year.. He hee... Have a good one, k?

Janice said...

Dear Rita,

Wishing you and David an excellent year of the Ox.

From : An old Ox

p/s. My "party" went super well, no major disaster except that I forgot to put pineapple cubes in my sweet and sour pork !

Rita Ho said...

Thank you, Zue! You missing your masak kaki, Gert?? I'm sure she's thinking of us while she makan away 8k miles away.

Rita Ho said...

That's a great feeling to have, Akmal. Pergi open houses tak??

Rita Ho said...

Sakit perut saya setiap kali you komen, Pi! Woof woof!!

Rita Ho said...

Hi Pak Idrus ... As usual, you give good advice. I'll make sure to guide my Ox well as soon as I find it. :)

Rita Ho said...

Kerpie!! How are you? Thank you for your wishes and we must catch up soon! I haven't logged into our lepak venue for a while but will try next week. :)

Rita Ho said...

Hi Farina ... Now we know why you so foxy. LOL! It was great to catch up with you this morning and know of your resolution. Keep it up, ok?

Rita Ho said...

Double thanks to you, Mat Salo! What a guy, and we are counting on you!!

Rita Ho said...

Eh, Janice ... cannot say you are old to me-leh! Haha! I knew your party will be superb and am sure no one missed the pineapples. Let me go check out the pictures.

Gong Xi, Gong Xi!!

ruby ahmad said...

Hi Rita,

Happy New Year to you too...I know I know, I have greeted you so many times now on FB & everywhere...but why not eh?

I like what David said about the Ox. We have all to be positive & resilient. Take care sweetie.

Rita Ho said...

There can never be too many greetings, Ruby. Thank you! Thank you!

You take care too!